(This offer for a reduced priced book has passed, but if you’d like to draw a tree for the book I’m still accepting them… read on)
PLEASE DRAW A TREE FOR MY BOOK
I (was) CROWD FUNDING FOR A BOOK…
I have thousands of photos, hours of interviews with fantastic people UpTrees and my diaries from the year of climbing AND, I also want to populate the 200 colour page art book with graphical / illustrated images of trees from you!
AS A SMALL THANK YOU YOU”LL GET 16.5% OFF IF YOU BUY THE BOOK. (I”M AFRAID I CAN’T GIVE THEM AWAY TO CONTRIBUTORS)
(Below are some of my diaries with my own hurriedly drawn trees on!)
If you want your tree in The Art of Climbing Trees book then read these requirements:
– What you get? Anyone who sends me a tree gets 16.5% off the price of the book and you may get it printed in The Art of Climbing Trees. (When you then buy a book here – quote the name of your image in the message to seller box).
– Your tree can be black and white or colour but I’m more likely to use images that can be laid on top of my photos or combined with the text. The more graphical the better. See the tree drawings I love by forest artist Anna Widen.
– Send them to: mytree (at) gauntlettandson (dot) com
– Please send files with 300 DPI in Jpeg or Tiff format.
– New deadline – ongoing. Will let you know it’s too late!
– Please share this call out for trees with your artist / illustrator friends, children, grandparents, twitter, facebook…etc!